The Dale Method
1. Manage your time effectively
2. Making sacrifices and creating contracts
3. Learn to master the art of planning
4. Implementation and control (Motivation, discipline and routine)
5. Overcome psychological barriers
6. Make a realistic PACT with yourself: get clear direction and a commitment to act
My competitive edge
- I achieved a distinction for my masters thesis – I’ve been on this journey.
- 1000 hours as a mentor/ coach since 2014.
- 60 postgraduate (PG) students successfully coached since 2018.
- 90% graduated, 10% dropped out completely.
- 15% of the students graduated distinction.
- Numerous unsolicited testimonials attest to my track record.
- Evidence-based theories support my methodology.
- The South African coaching magazine publishes my articles.
- I publish my own newsletter.
I enjoyed a successful 20-year career in stockbroking, entirely in IT project management. During preparation for my thesis, for which I achieved distinction, I noticed the significant failure rate plus high stress related to deadline extensions, experienced by peers.
In pursuit of a long-term teaching vocation, I formed a start-up business for academic performance coaching. I offer a unique methodology plus individual mentoring, coaching and support for interested, ambitious students.
I developed THE DALE METHOD from proven management techniques; several tertiary qualifications in psychology and evidenced based coaching theory. Many successful post graduate students have written to me to confirm the effectiveness of my program in helping them to graduate.
MPhil Management Coaching (USB), PGDip Addiction Care (Stellenbosch), BA Hons Psychology (Unisa), BA Psychology (cum laude) (Unisa)
Implementing TheThesis Coach workshops into our programme was of great value to the Career division of our business school. Our students benefitted from 1:1 sessions that were specific to their context and were able to clear their path of any distractions and re-align their effort to complete their research assignments on time. It’s also an added benefit that Caroline knows about completing tertiary studies while being a full-time professional, a very daunting test in itself. As the workshop coordinator, I was grateful that Caroline was so willing to accommodate our participants’ academic schedules. I 100% recommend a consultation with her to anyone struggling with their academic-work-life balance.